Geco air mobile application
The Geco air app is made available free of charge by IFP Energies Nouvelles, a French public research establishment, as part of its general interest mission.
It has two objectives:
- advise drivers to help reduce the environmental impact of their driving
- conduct a crowdsensing campaign to help communities and cities to understand and reduce the polluting impact of road infrastructure (example: monitor the impact of a retarder on a road in terms of polluting emissions).
For these purposes the application collects, with the prior authorization of the user, the data of his GPS, only during his travels. Its data make it possible to calculate for each route its emissions from its real profile of speed, acceleration and altitude. Emissions profiles, anonymized, are also aggregated on each road segment in order to build a dynamic map of vehicle emissions and help cities identify critical areas. If a user wants to have a more accurate estimate of their emissions, the application gives them the opportunity to enter their registration number. This information is only used to collect the technical specifications of its vehicle (power, displacement, mass, …), it is not stored on the IFPEN servers.
Processing of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is processed by the company IFP Energies Nouvelles (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”).
IFP Energies Nouvelles
1 et 4 avenue de Bois Préau 92500 Rueil-Malmaison.
Registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number 775 729 155.
Any transmission to third party companies is subject to your prior agreement and that of your Company. No data is transferred outside the European Union, the services are integrated on servers of a host in France: OVH.
What types of Personal Data do we process?
We do not collect any sensitive data concerning users such as racial or ethnic origins, political, philosophical or religious opinions, as well as any data relating to trade union membership, health or sex life.
By using our Geco air Mobile Application, you are required to provide us with information, some of which may identify you (“Personal Data”). This is particularly the case when you fill out forms (such as the registration form), when you contact us – whether by phone, email or any other means of communication – or when you report an issue to us.
The Personal Data we process includes the following personal information:
- E-mail address,
- The model of your vehicle,
- Motorized vehicle (car, motorcycle, bus, train, plane, public transport) and green mobility (walking, running, bicycle, scooter) GPS location.
In order to detect and analyse a user’s trips, the application uses the background location. The app processes the velocity and heading to compute driving indicators and transportation mode. In addition, we process Personal Data about your mobility habits and your use of the services, such as:
- Driving score data: calculated from acceleration/braking events detected during your motorized trips,
- Trip score: calculated from slope, distance and traffic jam detected during your motorized trips,
- Vehicle score: calculated from technical specificities of your vehicle,
- Driving advice given to you following your trips,
- Your potential participation in one or more driving challenges,
- Assess air quality and weather at your current and/or foreseen location
For what purpose will your Personal Data be processed?
By sharing your Personal Data with IFP Energies Nouvelles (data processor), you will be able to:
- Register and access the Geco air Mobile Application,
- Benefit from mobility-focused services (driving score, trip score, vehicle score) that can lead to driving advice and trips notifications,
- Access the driving challenges organized in the app,
- Air quality and weather related information related to your current location.
NB. At any time, you can disable the sending of notifications in your smartphone settings.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
In the absence of an express request to the contrary, your Personal Data will be kept until manual account deletion.
Legal compliance and security
We may be required – by law, court proceedings, litigation and/or a request from public or governmental authorities in or outside your country of residence – to disclose your Personal Data. We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so for national security, public order or other matters of public interest, where such disclosure is necessary and appropriate. If legislation permits, we will notify you in advance of the transfer of your data.
We may also disclose personal information if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and remedies, to enforce our terms and conditions, to investigate a case of fraud or to protect our operations or users.
What are your rights?
In the context of the above-mentioned processing operations, you have the right to request access to your Personal Data in a standard structured format, modification and deletion of your data. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data or to request a restriction on such processing.
In any case, you also have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
● By mail to the following address: IFP Energies Nouvelles, 1 et 4 avenue de Bois Préau 92500 Rueil-Malmaison.
● By email to the following address: email@example.com
● By email to the email address of our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org